Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An introduction to me.

Hey everyone. This is the beginning of something that I hope I will be able to keep up with for a while. Whenever I start things like this I usually get bored with it and just give up. Hopefully this time will be different.


Ever since I was like 13, I've been wearing makeup. When I first started out, I quite honestly wasn't very knowledgeable about the application of makeup. I usually just wore eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I remember I always wore the same blue eyeshadow constantly because it matched my eyes (I'm all about matching things :)) and the same blue eyeliner.


When I got into high school, I changed it up a little bit. This time my color was pink. Pink eyeshadow almost everyday (I did use the occasional blue eyeshadow again every once in awhile). And this time I moved on to black eyeliner. I never really bought specific brands - just whatever was cheapest considering I was in high school and unemployed. Anytime I wore my makeup, I would always get compliments which made me like makeup even more.


Over the years I have gotten better with application and techniques from studying pictures, and recently I've really gotten into watching makeup tutorials on YouTube where I'm picking up some awesome techniques. I don't consider myself a professional by any means, but I like to do what I like to do. 


I don't purchase expensive makeup because I have found that there are plenty of products out there that are great quality even if they aren't as expensive as some others. I work in a drug store where I get a 20% discount on all items so that is where I purchase most of my makeup. I don't really have a particular favorite brand. It really depends on the product quality when it comes to my favorites, not who is making it.


Here is a list of companies who's makeup I have purchased (in no particular order):


  • Revlon
  • L'Oreal
  • Maybelline
  • Cover Girl
  • Physician's Formula
  • Jesse's Girl
  • Jane
  • Coastal Scents
  • BH Cosmetics
  • E.L.F.
  • MAC
  • Wet n Wild
  • NYC (New York Color)
  • NYX Cosmetics
Those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. There may be more.

I don't always go all out with my makeup on an everyday basis, but I can never leave the house without applying some sort of foundation and mascara. I love experimenting with different colors so whenever I'm in a playful mood, I like to make my makeup very bold and flashy.

This was just a little bit about my relationship with makeup. I like using it to express myself and my creativity. It's fun trying out different looks, and it definitely is a confidence booster when I get compliments.

What I would like to know from those who are reading this is what are your thoughts on the prices of some of the most expensive cosmetics? Do you think they are fairly priced or do you think some of the prices are just outrageous? Leave a comment and let me know your opinion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment