Friday, April 15, 2011

Mini Review on my ELF purchases

I tried all the ELF products that I ordered and there is only one thing that I do NOT like. The white cream eyeliner that I got is terrible. I tried it on my waterline, and you could barely tell I was wearing anything. Kind of a disappointment. It may just be because it's white so I can't judge all their cream eyeliners the same way. Also, it could be just because I was trying it on my waterline. Then again, I don't really know where else I would use it a white cream eyeliner. Maybe on my lid as a base for my eyeshadow? Hmmm....

By far my favorite thing that I got are the brushes. I ordered the 9 piece brush set ($15) along with a separate kabuki brush ($5). Can I just rave about this kabuki brush for a minute? I LOVE it. It is soooo soft and is very handy for putting on powder foundation. If you use powder foundation on a regular basis, you need to buy this brush. For only $5, there is no excuse not to purchase it. The other brushes that came with the set are really good too. In this set, you get a full-face brush, a contour/highlighting brush, a foundation brush, a defining eye brush, an eyeshadow brush, a smudger, an eyeliner brush, a brow comb/brush, and a lip brush. I have used them all except the smudger brush which I will probably never use.

  • The full face brush is alright, I will probably just use the kabuki brush that I bought instead. I guess I could use it as a backup if my kabuki is dirty. 
  • I really like the contour/highlighting brush but as with the full-face brush, I don't really like the feel of it on my skin. It could be a little bit softer. 
  • The foundation brush isn't too bad. I don't really have an opinion on it either way. I do prefer the other foundation brush I have though.
  • The defining eye brush is a brush that would be good to use in the crease just to deposit the color there, not really to blend it out. It's smaller and angled and soft and a pretty mediocre brush.
  • I really like the eyeshadow brush. The brush part is pretty wide and once again is very soft. It deposits color very well, and is overall a good eye shadow brush.
  • The smudger, like I said, is something I will never use so I'll just skip over it.
  • The eyeliner brush is just a standard thin flat brush. I haven't really used it much, but it isn't too bad. I prefer using an angled eyeliner brush though.
  • The brow/lash comb I think I used like once, and it was alright. Nothing special to say about it.
  • The lip brush I only used once too. I don't really wear lip color that often so I probably won't use it that much.
Overall, I really like the brushes that I ordered. I also got the 83 piece essential makeup collection that contains eyeshadows, blushes, and lip glosses. I'm going to review that for my next blog post so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment